Thursday, February 23, 2012

LIFE IS FUN BUT HARD BUT FUN BUT HARD...

I took a little break from the routine this past weekend to celebrate my sister Nikki's 30th birthday. A much anticipated celebration was planned (or so I thought) way before the birth of gonegirlgo™. While I was excited about my first trip to Vegas, I struggled with stepping away because the movement was gaining momentum. I really didn't want to step away, but then again, I wanted to celebrate with my family. Those of you who know us know that we love to have lots of fun! Anyway, Niyia, a wise young woman made my decision easy by telling me that gonegirlgo™ was not like a "backpack" that I just put on and take off. It is me and it goes where I go. So despite all of the activity around me, I thought a lot and learned some valuable lessons relative to this movement while celebrating in Vegas.

  • Life can be fun but hard at the same time. Experience has taught me that fun doesn't challenge me to grow. Hard does. I can make the fun part last as long as I want, but at some point I am going to have to do the hard part too, especially if I want to grow (this is not intended to be a joke, but it is funny). Unfortunately, folks give up on life because of the hard part, but would rather push forward to always have fun. They are missing an opportunity for growth and balance. (My speculation is that these people love places like Vegas. As for this lil' mama, enough was enough. I'm good with my fun but hard life!) 
  • Some folks have a difficult time accepting the hand that they have been dealt. I wonder what would happen if they didn't get hung up on how "bad" their hand was. What would happen if they pushed forward with that "bad" hand and decided to go make impact with it anyway? What would happen if they stopped gambling away their time because they felt that they didn't have what it takes to win? What if they changed their minds and realized that the hand that they have been dealt was given to them for a reason?
  • I couldn't pound the pavement in my high heels that long in Vegas. I hated abdicating my super powers, but I had to for the sake of my feet.
  • People from around the world push forward to live in the United States so that they can go. And we are mad at them, but won't push forward and go ourselves.

Who told my mother to throw up deuces?
Believe it or not, despite all my thinking, I had lots of fun celebrating with my family. (And that part will stay in Vegas.) I would not have missed this trip for anything in the world. It's just hard for me to put on and take off gonegirlgo™. It is me. It goes where I go.


Peace




And I can't forget...Happy Birthday Nikki!!!!! 

9 comments:

  1. You all are beautiful. Your mom is funny with her deuces. We must work with the hand we are dealt without escapism. Powerful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is TOO cool! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my mommy and my daddy! They are both cool parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Mom puttin up the deuces! I have 3 daughters and believe me, I try to stay up with them, what they read, what music they listen to, what styles they wear and especially what's in their hearts. But the most important thing I come away with after reading this blog is that just as GONEGIRLGO
    must be with you everywhere "you go" - BunnFunn will be with me wherever I go from now on. Branding is all part of the business aspect of my craft. I must keep in mind, that the baby I am birthing cannot be left in anyone's hands just yet ... and that I will never lay it down to go off and do something else without making sure I keep her in tact and with me. Great story - great lesson. Thank you *GIRL*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Learning Lessons! Loving Life! That's what I say! Thanks Sara for the positive feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The removed comment above was from me! I signed in with the wrong username :)

    I just discovered you in the Community Corner of The Endless Dreams Foundation! I was hooked once I read "At times I wish I could hurry up and get to the good part...I want to see what it is going to look like...I just want to hurry up and get there....I have to fight the urge not to dream, but do...There needs to be a balance of dreaming and doing, if I am going to push forward and go. But I do have some issues that if I let them will either drive me crazy or stop me in my tracks."

    I am 100% feeling the same way and am empowered to have found someone that is like-minded! The day will come! All successes comes from a collection of accomplishments achieved one day at a time!


    Additionally, I am in 100% agreement with you saying "Life can be fun but hard at the same time. Experience has taught me that fun doesn't challenge me to grow. Hard does. I can make the fun part last as long as I want, but at some point I am going to have to do the hard part too, especially if I want to grow (this is not intended to be a joke, but it is funny). Unfortunately, folks give up on life because of the hard part, but would rather push forward to always have fun."

    Overcoming hard times will reward greater and better Good Times. Challenge of education will lead to better paychecks!; Challenge of Exercise will equal better health and body! Challenge of self improvement will lead to better relationships!

    Hard Times are Pre-Requisite's to Good Times!

    I look forward to reading your blog and I would really appreciate any feedback with the journey I will share in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...powerful words and feedback about what you read in my blog. This thing is contagious, effectual, inspirational, and motivational...I can't say that enough! It's hard but fun getting to the good part which will be coming soon. I love this work! And I am blessed to be able to use it to inspire others! Keep pushing forward so that you can go! Others can watch your example and go too! peace z

    ReplyDelete
  9. I quoted you and linked your blog on my blogspot! :) Peace! & Keep pushin as well!!

    ~Many Blessings~

    ReplyDelete