Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The "what if" conversation

I'm in the process of planning an event and was exploring online ticket sales with my girl. She found this one site that we liked so I started clicking on the featured events listed on the home page. One event in Australia caught my eye. It's called What If 2012. It looks like an organizational visioning summit of some sort. Here's their vision, "our vision is to transform Tansmania into a powerhouse of creativity by the end of this decade." Wow! Really? So you know my mind got to going...


What if you had this conversation with yourself:


  • What if I did "the" one thing that I always wanted to do before I left the earth?
  • What if I did something that mattered to me without limiting my thinking about it?
  • What if I stopped complaining about my life and started living my life?
  • What if I went somewhere in Cleveland that I had never been before?
  • What if...(you get the idea, now fill in the blank.)


The bottom line is that you have to start pushing against self imposed limits if you are going to go.


gonegirlgo™ component #3

6 comments:

  1. ITS NOW OR NEVER ON EVERYTHING....YOU WONT PLEASE THEM.. IT PLEASES YOU...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmel, I feel you! Why do we wait so long to pursue our dreams? Why do we allow fear to back us up? I'm tired of it so that's why I am running with gonegirlgo! We never know what could happen if we don't at least try! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it, the "What If Questions" helped me obtain my doctoral degree. Every 5 years I list all the things I want to do and places I want to see (my heart desires) and try to accomplish at least a few. What I found amazingly was that I accomplish more on the list then I could have imagine, I think it all starts by acknowledging the "What if of life"

    Gone girl go !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm?...the "what if of life"...stayed tuned y'all...there's more to this "what if" conversation!

      Delete
  4. What if I lived on less money and did the things I really want to do. . . buy some land on an island and lived off the land? Sometimes I feel stuck and need to move on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie, so what's your next move??? How are you going to push forward and go? That's what this movement is all about. Asking yourself the "what if" and then actually doing something about it. Thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete