Tuesday, May 15, 2012

LIVING THE GONEGIRLGO LIFE: VANESSA

Olivia's Daughter,
Vanessa Jordan
I’ve known Vanessa for a few years. We go to New Community Bible Fellowship and workout at True Image Fitness together. We’ve talked and mingled a little in the same circle, but I can’t say that we have been especially close. As an acquaintance, I knew that she had a heart for God. I also knew that she encountered a few trials and tribulations in her life that I’m sure changed her forever.
Recently, Vanessa and I have been connecting through our written words. I don’t know how I stumbled upon her blog, but when I did, I was so impressed with her transparency and honesty. Reading her words made me feel close to her. I don’t remember when and how we connected through gonegirlgo. I’m glad though because Vanessa is one of my biggest cheerleaders and I didn’t realize how much until today:
  • She has commented on several of my posts.
  • She has mentioned  gonegirlgo  in her blog a few times.
  • She attended the 1st Challenge Me to Grow Kick-Off, even though she broke her foot that same week.
  • She signed up to participate in the Challenge Me to Grow pilot.
  • She has been to every event that I have been involved with over the past few months.
Now that’s what I call support.
When I asked her to share her story, I didn’t realize how much it would impact me. I didn't realize how much she would impact me. She is amazing and so I had to represent her story differently. I created a video using PowerPoint. Click the arrow to play the video. Click pause, if you need to slow the video down a little.
 

I look forward to what God has in store for me and Vanessa's new found friendship. It’s reassuring me about a few things in my life. Please follow Vanessa’s blog. It’s awesome. It's her.  http://www.vjordan79.blogspot.com/.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment