Monday, April 30, 2012

LIVING THE GONEGIRLGO LIFE: NIYIA


Niyia is a really good friend of my sister Nikki. I remember when we first met. This was about the time that I was facilitating God’s Beauty Shop and she had an etiquette school for girls. We talked on and on about our passion to help women and girls realize their true beauty. I didn’t know that one day our paths would cross again and that we would engage in a few projects together. I just love my “sis”. She’s energetic, spirited, down-to-earth, and motivated to push her ideas forward. She recently appeared in the play, "If You Knew Better,You'd Better Do Better". As an image and style coach, she is always pushing the message about the value of having true style. Whenever I see her, I am immediately drawn in by her gracious smile. I appreciate having such a vibrant person in my circle. Trust me, she keeps me pushing forward by living a gonegirlgo life!

Niyia wants to share the process that she went through that gave birth to her idea and vision, HIS Style. Here’s Niyia’s story:


At some point in my life I realized that I had to change being directed by my emotions and allowing them to trigger my insecurities. My response was terrible and a huge contradiction of who I thought I was - a stylish and polished lady! My response only displayed that I was capable of being loud, immature, revengeful, and strong in the wrong areas. One night in March 2011, I was up crying and having a pity party all by me because my inappropriate response cost me a relationship that I wanted to work. My reaction weighed on me deeply. I prayed and asked God, “How could this have gone differently? Please show me how to be better. Why can’t I say what I see just the way I see it?  Am I supposed to ‘fix’ myself to make others comfortable with me? What is wrong with my direct approach?”


Being patient is not one of my strongest attributes. I was forced to wait on the answer. About 30 days passed and I got my answer. The answer was so simple. Are you ready? DRUM ROLL… He told me that just as much effort as I put into my outward style I need to put into my inward style!  That was it! Doing those things that I was taught – being fly, having nice things, cooking a fabulous meal, or keeping my house spotless didn’t mean a thing if I were empty, dying in the inside, and displaying every image, but the one He gave me. All I could say was “Wow!” That very night HIS Style was born and my pain became fuel, and my mistake became my blessing.


HIS Style is a seminar that I developed to help women learn how to be response-able by identifying their cycle of inappropriate responses, and bad decision making that causes us to “blow down” or shut down. My desire is for women to get on beat with HIS heart so that we conduct ourselves with HIS Style no matter what issue arises. When we acquire HIS Style we can walk in the fullness of who we are and let go of the baggage that makes us so insecure.


Life challenges for many of us result in a push forward and may even lead to an idea to do something like Niyia described in her story. If she hadn’t experienced that tumultuous period, HIS Style may not have ever been born. I am excited about the first HIS Style seminar which takes place on Saturday, May 5, 2012 in Chagrin Falls Ohio. Tickets are $15.00 and can be purchased in advance. Contact Niyia at (216) 820-0711 or visit her website at www.uniquelyniyia.com for more information. Every woman who attends the workshop will receive a HIS Style Manual to remind them of how to move with style in everyday situations.


Keep the gonegirlgo stories coming. They inspire us all to push forward and go. 


Peace




No comments:

Post a Comment